The attack on an RSS worker allegedly by CPM workers in Kannur on March 9 was raised by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh during a discussion with Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala.
“I have spoken to the Kerala Home Minister. He has assured me that he will take proper action,” Singh told reporters in New Delhi on Friday.
- CPI-M, BJP workers killed in political violence in northern Kerala
- Karnataka govt adopting Kerala model of political violence: Rajnath
- RSS-BJP against President’s rule in Kerala says senior RSS leader
- Political violence: CPI(M) seeks PM Modi’s intervention in Kerala
- Rajnath Singh calls up Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan over political violence
- Sangh protests activist’s murder
According to the police, 39-year-old E K Biju, who was an RSS worker, was driving an auto-rickshaw with five schoolchildren in Kannur district on March 9 morning.
He was waylaid, pulled out of the auto and attacked, allegedly by six suspected CPM workers, in presence of the children, all aged below 10 years.