The Surat chapter of Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) Wednesday celebrated PAAS convenor Hardik Patel’s birthday by cutting 23-kg cake and distributing it among the Patidar youths. The Patidar quota agitation leader turned 23 on Wednesday.
Surat PAAS co-convenor Nikhil Sawani said, “The cake was cut by Hardik’s parents at Saurashtra Patel Samaj Wadi at Mini bazaar in Varachha area. We have also sowed plants in Punagam area and several people belonging to Patidar community participated in the blood donation camp organised in Patel wadi in Katargam, Varachha and Punagam.
Surat PAAS also had purchased school academic books from the market and which had been weighed to weight of parents of Hardik patel and it would be donated to Patel library in Varachha. The parents of Hardik Patel were later weighed in blood units by the Surat PAAS team.
- Ahmedabad: 4,000-km Patidar yatra aims to revive quota stir
- Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti leader attacked, supporters protest in Surat
- Gujarat: Patidar businessmen meet clashes with Hardik Patel’s event
- Violence as Patidars clash at BJP yuva morcha event in Surat, two buses torched
- Surat: 19 Patidars held for disrupting BJP rally
- Complaints registered against Patidars, Congress leaders in Surat
The actual figure of the units collected is not yet known, but Patidar youths were donating blood till late on Wednesday.
Bharatbhai Patel, Hardik’s father, said, “Hardik’s birthday was different last year. He was with us and we all cut cake and ate in our house. There was no one else except our family members. Now, the scene has changed. There are hundreds of people celebrating his birthday. But Hardik is not with us in Surat. We called him in the morning and congratulated him on his birthday.”