- Xiaomi Poco F1 launch Live Updates: Poco F1 with 6.18-inch notched display, Snapdragon 845 unveiled
- Kerala floods LIVE updates: Chief Ministers Distress Relief Fund has received Rs 210 cr so far, says Thomas Isaac
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal; Indian hockey team dominating Hong Kong
In a bid to bolster the communication outreach of its two key flagship programmes ‘Swacch Bharat’ and ‘Ganga Rejuvenation’, the government has formed a High Powered Committee headed by Union Minister Arun Jaitley which will hold its first meeting on Tuesday.
Apart from Jaitley, who holds Finance and Information and Broadcasting portfolios, Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu, Drinking Water and Sanitation Minister Birender Singh, Water Resources Minister Uma Bharati, Women and Child Development minister Maneka Gandhi, HRD minister Smriti Irani and Minister of State for I&B Rajyavardhan Rathore are members of the committee.
- Congress manufacturing fake Rafale controversy: Arun Jaitley
- NGT raps Uttarakhand govt: Hardly anything done to clean Ganga, situation extraordinarily bad
- After Indira Gandhi’s comparison with Hitler, Congress says Modi is crueler than Aurangzeb
- Focus on clean India, ‘gram swaraj’ during Gandhi’s 150 birth anniversary celebrations: Ram Vilas Paswan
- Submit plan for required funds: Govt to Air India
- Air India sale put on hold since it is an election year
“The committee will look at the progress made under the schemes and work to coordinate and monitor intensive
Multimedia Campaigns for dissemination, outreach and advocacy,” a senior official said.
The panel has been formed in line with the recommendations of a Group of Secretaries on ‘Swacch Bharat’
Mission and ‘Ganga Rejuvenation’.
“A key aspect related to these schemes is awareness so that people have a sense of ownership towards these key
schemes. The panel would try to outline a communication outreach with regard to strategy, design, content creation and implementation of these key initiatives,” the official said.
Apart from Jaitley and other ministers, senior officials of the concerned ministries and top officials of Doordarshan, All India Radio, Department of Audio Visual Publicity (DAVP) etc will also be present in the meeting.
Among the terms of references of the group are planning for integrated media campaign and allocation of integrated
The panel, which will meet at least once every month, will also come up with communication innovations on the two