As many as 984 graduates and five MPhil degree holders have applied for the five ‘hamal’ (porter) posts in Maharashtra, a senior official said.
The minimum educational qualification for the post is just fourth standard pass.
- Coal India recruitment 2018: 528 Medical Specialist vacancies, check details at coalindia.in
- RBI Grade B recruitment 2018: Registration begins for Officer post, salary starts at Rs 35,150 per month
- Latest government jobs to apply for in July: Hiring in Railways, Indian Army, SBI, SSC
- RRB recruitment 2018: 10th pass can apply for 4103 posts in South Central Railway
- UGC scraps 100% weight for interview in PhD, MPhil, brings in test
- AFMC SSC officers recruitment 2018: Apply online for 100 posts at amcsscentry.gov.in
“We have received applications from 2,424 candidates for the five ‘hamal’ posts. They include 5 MPhil holder, 9 PG diploma holders, 109 diploma holders and 253 with PG degree,” Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) Secretary Rajendra Mangrulkar said.
The exam for the class D post is likely to be conducted in August, he said. Among the applicants,984 are graduates,605 HSC (class12), 282 SSC (class 10) pass candidates, and 177 below SSC.
MPSC had advertised for these posts in December 2015. The age limit for the posts is 18-33 years. In the written test, candidates will be examined for their linguistic ability and basic maths skills.