- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Shooting Live scores Live streaming: Gold for Saurabh Chaudhury, bronze for Abhishek Verma in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Live updates Live streaming: Gold and bronze for India in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- It is work and play for Salman Khan on the sets of Bharat in Malta
Demanding cancellation of the entrance test for post graduate courses and Combined Research Entrance Test (CRET) held last week, a group of students protested outside the office of Allahabad University’s vice-chancellor Monday morning raising slogans against the administration.
The protesters alleged that one of the question papers for the entrance test was “leaked” while anomalies were suspected in CRET as the question paper was distributed among students taking the exam “one hour after the scheduled time”.
They demanded both the exams to be held afresh while an inquiry be ordered to probe the leaking of the paper, said Richa Singh, president of Allahabad University Students’ Union.
- JEE, NEET 2018: ‘State govt to be allowed to hold such examinations’ demands AIADMK
- JEE, NEET to be held in computer-based mode, not online: Prakash Javadekar
- Delhi University Law Faculty takes down entrance test result after complaints
- Jadavpur University students’ fast enters fourth day: All your questions answered
- Delhi High Court refuses to stay NEET 2018 results
- For locking varsity gate, Allahabad University to rusticate four, suspend four
At one point, the protest nearly took an ugly turn when a youth, later identified as Manas Sharma, poured petrol on himself in an attempt to commit suicide. Police and other students, however, intervened on time and stopped him from setting himself on fire. Sharma was taken into custody by the police who also booked him on charges of breach of peace, said the officer of Colonelganj police station, Sameer Singh. The officer added that Sharma was later released on surety.
An official from the university said vice-chancellor R L Hangloo has ordered “a high-level inquiry” into the allegations. “Most of the protesters who created ruckus outside the V-C’s office, though, weren’t those who had appeared for the entrance test,” said Professor B P Singh, Director, Admission, Allahabad University.