- IIFA Awards 2018 Day 3 Highlights: Tumhari Sulu, Sridevi and Irrfan Khan win big
- Army Major's wife found with throat slit: ‘Colleague accused of killing woman returned to crime scene, then fled’
- FIFA World Cup 2018, Iran vs Portugal: Mentor plots against ex-prodigy for Carlos Queiroz with hopes on the line
Days after being removed from the Congress Working Committee following his announcement to float his own party, former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit Jogi finally resigned from the Congress.
“I have resigned from Congress party’s primary membership and have sent my resignation to the party president. I was already relieved of other responsibilities of the party,” Jogi told reporters here.
- Congress, BJP woo tribals in poll-bound Chhattisgarh
- Rahulji repeatedly said that, on case-to-case basis, we will go for alliance: P L Punia
- Delhi confidential: Getting Cosy?
- Rahul Gandhi in Chhattisgarh today: Congress chief to meet party workers in Jogi bastion
- Ajit Jogi’s Chhattisgarh Janata Congress holds show of strength rally in Raipur
- Ajit Jogi set to float new party, says Cong made compromises
Jogi’s political secretary Ashok Sharma said the former Chief Minister had already announced his plan to form a new party, following which he officially tendered his resignation.
Jogi will attend a public meeting under his ‘Gram Awaz Programme’ on June 21 at Thathapur in Kawarda district, the home turf of Chief Minister Raman Singh, Sharma said.
Congress is holding a division-level programme on the same day in Marwahi which was only meant to distract the people from Jogi’s programme, he said, alleging that Congress leaders organised the programme at BJP’s behest.
On June 6 Jogi had announced that he would float his own political party.