Kerala Governor Justice P Sathasivam on Tuesday night missed an Air India flight from Kochi to Thiruvananthapuram after the pilot allegedly refused to wait for him to board the flight.
While the Governor reached the airport around 11.28 pm after attending functions in Kozhikode and Thrissur, the flight took off at 11.32 pm. He left for Thiruvananthapuram by road on Wednesday.
Air India Kochi manager Patric Xavier said: “We were informed about the Governor’s journey. The flight from Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram via Kochi was scheduled to reach Kochi at 9.15 pm, but it landed in Kochi at 10.58 pm. The pilot said passengers would protest if the flight was further delayed.’’
- Kerala floods; Aviation Ministry clears Kochi naval airbase for civilian use
- Stranded in Kerala: Residents wait for roads, airport to open
- Thousands marooned across Kerala, Kochi airport drowns
- Unprecedented rains in Kerala leave 45 dead: Latest pictures, videos from flooded state
- No let up in torrential rains in Kerala, Kochi airport shut till Saturday
- Kerala floods: MLAs call out for help as PM Modi reaches state to take stock of situation
Raj Bhavan sources said they had information that the flight would take off at 11. 40 pm.
But, when the Governor reached the airport at 11.28 pm, he saw the flight being pushed back, they said.