The Supreme Court Thursday said it will hear next week a PIL seeking registration of an FIR against political leaders, including Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, in connection with AgustaWestland Chopper case.
A bench comprising Chief Justice T S Thakur and justices R Banumathi and U U Lalit ordered listing of the PIL when advocate M L Sharma said that it is an urgent matter which should be heard at the earliest.
- In public interest
- Bhola drugs case: Punjab and Haryana High Court judge recuses himself
- Bhola drugs case: Punjab and Haryana HC judge recuses himself
- Supreme Court to hear soldiers’ plea on AFSPA next month
- One more charge sheet filed in Manipur fake encounter cases: CBI to SC
- PIL on VVIP chopper deal: SC seeks reply from Centre, CBI
CBI had in 2013 registered a case in connection with alleged bribes paid by the firm to Indians to clinch the deal for 12 helicopters to ferry VVIPs including the President and Prime Minister.
An Italian court has reportedly cited handwritten references to Gandhi, her political secretary Ahmed Patel and former Air Chief S P Tyagi by a middleman in a judgement that convicted the helicopter company’s chief executive.