The Raopura police booked two unidentified bikers for an alleged acid attack on Vadodara traffic police constable Kanku Rathwa (22), late on Friday night, while she was returning home after duty.
According to the police, the incident occurred at around 10 pm on Friday, when Rathwa was walking towards her home in Brahmapuri area of Dandiya Bazar after completing her duty from Akota area. When she reached Hathipol area in Dandiya Bazar, two bike riders approached her and throw acid on her face, before escaping.
As Rathwa screamed for help, locals rushed to help her, pouring milk on her face and body. Later, Rathwa was admitted to SSG Hospital for treatment.
- Mob attacks man for trying to abduct minor girl in Rajkot
- Acid attack victim who knocked on Delhi HC door gets police protection
- In Delhi for treatment, acid attack victim from Bihar seeks HC protection
- Acid attack: Former lover throws acid at woman, three booked
- Bike borne assailants throw acid on woman traffic cop in Vadodara
- Killed,not in line of duty
Police Inspector VJ Farnadis said, “We have booked the two unidentified person under IPC 326 (punishment for acid throwing) 114 (Abettor present when offence is committed). Investigation is under way. Rathwa’s health is stable, there are no major burns on face and body, though she has suffered some injuries on her eye. We will need some inputs from her when she is ready to talk.”