Union Minister Jitendra Singh hit out at Aam Aadmi Party over the arrest of its MLA Dinesh Mohaniya and said if the party has nothing to hide, they should cooperate in the probe so that they can vindicate themselves.
“I would say that the law of land should take its course. If somebody claims he or she has nothing to hide, I think it is they who should come forward and cooperate in a probe so that they can vindicate themselves,” Dr Singh told reporters.
- Manipur University impasse: Agitators refuse to cooperate with MHRD probe panel
- Giriraj Singh weeps over communal case accused, says Hindus being suppressed
- Governor’s rule is no alternative to democracy. It is a transitory phase, even in a state like J&K: Jitendra Singh
- BJP MLA warns Valley media: Draw the line, or recall Bukhari
- L-G must ask IAS officials to cooperate: Its leaders inside, AAP marches on L-G’s house
- No decision to be taken which may undermine morale of security forces in J-K: MoS Jitendra Singh
Singh was replying to a question about the arrest of AAP MLA and Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal’s remark that it is equal to Emergency.
Singh said, “I think those who who tend to draw a parallel have not actually studied the history of Emergency or gone through its peril. Those who have lived those 21 months will never dare to make a comparison.”