AAP leader Bhagwant Singh Mann on June 23 claimed his party will win an absolute majority in the Punjab Assembly polls due next year and Himachal Pradesh would be its next target.
“AAP would get two-third majority in Punjab and Himachal would be its next target. The party would repeat Delhi in Punjab and its main poll plank would be corruption, drug addiction, unemployment and brain drain,” Mann, who was in Shimla as member of JPC on office of profit, said.
He said the younger generation of Punjab is addicted to drugs and the youth of the state are becoming physically unfit for recruitment in armed forces.
- Punjab: AAP co-president faces leadership challenge, Sukhpal Khaira wants meet of all party office-bearers
- Bikram Singh Majithia patronising drug traders: AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- Punjab: To mend fences, Sukhpal Singh Khaira to meet Arvind Kejriwal today
- Won’t quit AAP, will contest 2019 LS polls: Bhagwant Mann
- Shahkot bypolls: AAP big guns missing for most of campaign, Manish Sisodia skips last show
- Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia to visit Mohali on May 5
“The twin problem of brain drain and unemployment has become a bane for Punjab and the situation is so grim that the youth is taking the risk of going to war-torn Iraq for jobs,” he added.