Two persons were arrested after an alleged gangrape victim was found hanging in her house in a village under Sadar Rohtak police station Monday morning.
The Class XII student is learnt to have left behind a suicide note in which she has accused three persons of gangrape. The third accused is on the run.
The station house officer (SHO) of Sadar Rohtak police station, Inspector Vijay, said, “The girl in her suicide note has named three men who she accused of raping her. She has urged that they should be awarded severe punishment. After registration of an FIR for abetment to suicide against the three, we have arrested two of the accused.”
- Uttar Pradesh: Day after gangrape victim kills self, main accused commits suicide
- UP: Prime accused in rape, murder case found hanging in Etah
- The sensational police custody killings that brought Kerala public on the streets
- Morni gangrape: One more arrested after victim identifies his photo
- Morni Hills ‘gangrape’ | Suspended ASI cries foul: Boss told me to refer victim to UT Police
- Three arrested for rape and murder of minors in Punjab
The accused in custody are Naveen and Nitu; the third who is yet to be arrested is Rinku.
The SHO informed that a few days ago, the deceased had gone to her aunt’s (father’s sister) home in Samalkha in Sonipat to spend her summer vacation.
It was on June 12 night that the three accused reached Samalkha, allegedly kidnapped the girl and gang raped her. The deceased had returned to her village on June 19 following which her father lodged a complaint with the police.
The SHO said they had registered a zero FIR on the night of June 19 and informed the Sonipat police.
The SHO informed that after the body of the girl was handed over to her family after the post-mortem examination at PGI Rohtak.