Around 2,900 petitioners have approached the Congress with their grievances in Punjab, according to party sources.
The complaints started pouring in ever since the party announced the Halke Vich Captain (Captain in constituency) voter outreach programme on June 14, said Congress sources. The outreach programme will kick off on Sunday in Jalalabad.
“This shows how much anger the people have against the incumbent government,” said Rajinder Beri, district Congress president. The complaints were received on social media.
- Mumbai: Civic body to fill 300 potholes this week
- Punjab: Two senior Congress leaders clash in Mansa
- Punjab guardians of governance programme: Ex-servicemen, Patiala admn spar over action taken
- In Uttar Pradesh, BJP does village choupals, Congress people meets to ‘expose’ govt
- Rahul Gandhi to address booth workers in Mumbai on June 12
- With eye on polls, Amarinder announces outreach programme ‘Halke Vich Captain’
Within 72 hours of receiving the complaint, a pre-recorded message in Captain’s voice will be returned to the aggrieved person along with an SMS confirmation of receiving the complaint. The Congress hopes to resolve these complaints within 100 days of coming to power.
Under outreach programme Captain will visit a constituency to meet and listen to the people.