Around 125 children were taken ill on Saturday after consuming mid-day meal at a primary school in Belhari, police said.
The children ate a meal of puri, chole and kheer following which they started vomiting and had loose motions.
They were rushed to the district hospital, K Balaji, District Magistrate-Incharge said.
All the children are stated to be out of danger, Balaji said, adding, a four-member team has been constituted to probe the incident.
- Day after 37 children take ill in school: Parents ask students to stay away from mid-day meal
- Mid-day meal food poisoning: Of 37, seven students remain hospitalised
- Palghar: 247 children taken ill after consuming mid-day meal
- Orissa: The girl who died in a school lunch vessel
- It isn’t just Bihar,states across India ignored mid-day meal complaints
- Now,frogs in mid-day meal in Uttar Pradesh
Meanwhile, Rakesh Singh, Basic Shiksha Adhikari (BSA) said prima facie there was something wrong with the ‘puri’ served to the children.
Four teachers have been suspended, while services of five others including two cooks have been terminated, the BSA added.