Follow Us:
Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Hyderabad: Man hacked to death as police vehicle passes by

Although Mahesh fended off the initial attack and a passerby tried to stop the attackers, they ran after Mahesh and hit him with an axe and sickle. As Mahesh fell down, he was hacked with an axe on neck and head and he died on spot.

By: Express News Service | Hyderabad | Updated: September 27, 2018 8:27:29 am
hyderabad murder, hyderabad man hacked to death, hyderabad murder video hyderabad murder on road, Attapur road murder, Jerigalla Ramesh, Although Mahesh fended off the initial attack and a passerby tried to stop the attackers, they ran after Mahesh and hit him with an axe and sickle.

A 24-YEAR-OLD man was hacked to death by two men on a busy stretch of Attapur Road in Hyderabad on Wednesday afternoon in front of several people, with a police patrol vehicle speeding past the crime scene without stopping, according to a video of the crime circulating on social media.

The police suspect it was a case of revenge killing.

The victim, Jerigalla Ramesh, was accused of murdering one Mahesh Goud on December 25, 2017, and the two men accused of hacking him to death in public on Wednesday — V Kishan Goud and Lakshman Goud — are Mahesh’s father and uncle, respectively.

Kishan and Lakshman Goud were arrested a few hours after the incident, the police said.

hyderabad murder, hyderabad man hacked, man hacked to death, hyderabad murder video, hyderabad murder on road, Attapur road murder, Jerigalla Ramesh Kishan in red

In a statement, DCP, Shamshabad, N Prakash Reddy said a traffic constable on duty tried to save Ramesh by trying to whisk him away on his motorcycle. “But the vehicle was pushed to the ground by the assailants and the victim was attacked with an axe,” the officer said.

According to the police, Ramesh was returning after a court appearance on Wednesday afternoon when he was attacked near Attapur pillar number 140.

The video shows Ramesh fending off the initial attack and a passerby trying to stop the attackers. The bystander is shown purportedly catching hold of Kishan Goud for a few moments, giving Ramesh an opening to escape. But the man could not hold Kishan for long, as Lakshman Goud appeared to threaten him.

The duo then chased Ramesh for nearly 100 metres in front of shocked bystanders before pulling him down and hacking him to death, according to reports.

While some people started recording the crime on their mobile phones, a Cyberabad Police patrol van passed by when Ramesh was being attacked but it did not stop, the video shows.

An official from Rajendranagar Police Station, where a case of murder has been registered, said it was an empty police vehicle that passed by, and that the driver did not realise what was happening.

In his statement, DCP Reddy said, “Onlookers and shopkeepers tried to stop (the assailants) but the accused were in a drunken condition and attacked the victim. After the incident, a police crime vehicle with constables in civil dress, who were moving in that direction, apprehended the accused.”

Ramesh was accused of stabbing to death Mahesh Goud, 24. The two were neighbours in the city’s Jumerath Bazaar area.

Cyberabad police claimed to have solved the case after Ramesh took a car to a service centre, where the staff found bloodstains in the car. The police were informed and Ramesh was arrested. Post-arrest, Ramesh, according to the police, confessed to having killed Mahesh over the latter’s rumoured affair with his sister.

Ramesh and a friend then allegedly took the body to Madanapalli village, poured kerosene on the body and burned it to conceal the identity.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App.

0 Comment(s) *
* The moderation of comments is automated and not cleared manually by