Updated: May 25, 2019 10:32:13 am
A 35-year-old man reportedly swallowed eight spoons, two screwdrivers, two toothbrushes and one kitchen knife. Doctors were able to remove it from his stomach Saturday. The man was admitted to Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College in Mandi in Himachal Pradesh. When the man was admitted to the hospital, he had objects protruding from his stomach, ANI reported.
News agency ANI quoted Dr Nikhil as saying, “After investigation, it was found that some metallic objects were inside his stomach. Our team of surgeon immediately operated him. He is stable now.” The doctor added that the patient was suffering from a mental illness and called it a ‘rare case’.
(With agency inputs from ANI)
Best of Express Premium
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.