scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Fire at Gujarat Covid facility, no casualties; officials blame short-circuit

Administration officials said a minor fire broke out on the second floor of the hospital. The patients were shifted to a lower floor, officials said, adding that a short circuit caused the mishap.

By: Express News Service | Vadodara | August 13, 2020 1:31:50 am
delhi coronavirus latest updates, delhi covid hospitals, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital covid hospital, Baba Sahab Ambedkar Hospital covid hospital, delhi covid testing, delhi city newsEach hospital medical superintendent has been asked to set aside 100 beds each and turn them into Covid wards.

A fire broke out at Dhokalia Public Hospital in Bodeli taluka of Gujarat’s Chhota Udepur district on Wednesday, officials said, adding that no patients were injured. The two-storey hospital is a Covid-19 facility.

Administration officials said a minor fire broke out on the second floor of the hospital. The patients were shifted to a lower floor, officials said, adding that a short circuit caused the mishap.

District Health Officer Dr Mahesh Chaudhary said, “The staff was quick to act. They used a fire extinguisher immediately and the flames were restricted to the switch board, where the short circuit happened. The ward has also not seen much damage, except that the wiring needs to be checked and repaired.”

He added that the district administration has begun a fire safety audit of all Covid-19 care centres and hospitals.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App.

0 Comment(s) *
* The moderation of comments is automated and not cleared manually by indianexpress.com.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement