A 28-year-old journalist of a local daily was shot at in Naubasta area of Kanpur city late Wednesday.
Police said Deepak Mishra, who works for little-known newspaper Dainik Mera Sach, sustained two gunshot wounds but is out of danger. The attack was fallout of a dispute with his neighbour, it added.
- Tigress Avni killing: Cubs survive first week in wild without mother
- Gurgaon: Day after, judge’s wife dead, son critical
- Bigg Boss 12 October 9 highlights: Surbhi and Shivashish disqualified; Karanvir-Somi lock horns
- Snub to Shivpal Yadav? Mulayam asks workers to strengthen Samajwadi Party
- Mulayam Singh Yadav will contest under my outfit’s symbol: Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Mumbai: Man arrested for ‘killing’ daughter’s male friend
Deepak Mishra (30), a native of Mainpuri, was on his way home in Gangapur Colony when he was stopped by four motorcycle-borne men. Govind Nagar Circle Officer O P Singh said: “The assailants opened fire at Mishra, who suffered a bullet injury near his shoulder and another near his waist.”
“Mishra had an enmity with one Raja Pandey, who lived in his neighbourhood. They had got into a clash in Bidhnu area in 2013. Mishra and his cousin were arrested in that case, but the former got bail,” he added. An FIR for attempt to murder has been lodged against Raja Pandey, Jitu Pandey, Sachin Pandey and an unidentified person.