A Class XI student was killed by her brother late Friday night in a village under Kankadkheda police station when she refused to stop meeting a boy from the neighbourhood.
Both the victim and her alleged lover belonged to the Dalit community and lived with their families in Shobhapur village.
Amit slit his sister’s throat with a knife in the presence of their parents and later surrendered to police. He has been remanded in custody till Monday. “Yes I killed my sister because she was bringing disrepute to the family,” said Amit at the local court.
- Maharashtra ‘honour killing’: Tip-off from teen led cops to evidence of ‘murder’
- Delhi: For students, day of exam takes a traumatic turn in Jahangirpuri
- Rajput girl, Muslim youth commit ‘suicide’ in Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh: Minor raped, killed as domestic helps attack siblings
- Spurned engineering student allegedly slits Class 10 girl’s throat in Hyderabad
- Delhi: Army major arrested over colleague’s wife murder
On Friday morning, the girl allegedly eloped with her boyfriend to Muradnagar, 35 km from here. The boy’s parents somehow convinced them to return. Once they were back, they handed over the girl to her parents.
Amit threatened her with dire consequences if she met the boy again but she refused to comply. Enraged, Amit then grabbed a knife and slit her throat.