Children and women are being served food meant for animals in the name of nutritious food at Anganwadi centres, Union Minister of State for Food Processing Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti today admitted here.
Speaking at a function of PHD Chamber of Commerce in Indore, she said they should be given food containing soybean which is rich in protein at such centres.
- Subsidy will be provided to small food processing units, says Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Duty of state govts to ban cow slaughter, says Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti in Kolkata
- Niranjan Jyoti again: ‘Hindu women should not marry outside community’
- Ram temple will be built in Ayodhya, says Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti will campaign for BJP, Opposition protest will boomerang: Venkaiah Naidu
- Big-show Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti suddenly a no-show
The Union minister expressed concern over lack of food processing units and said farmers were not getting the right price of produce because of lack of food processing industry, and the government was taking steps to change this situation.
Ruchi group, a leading food processing company, had been given the green signal to open a food park in Dewas district of Madhya Pradesh, she said, adding that the Central government would be giving nod to another two such units in the state.