scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Wednesday, April 14, 2021

All healthcare, frontline workers to get their second shots at government hospitals

The step has been taken to ensure that only paid vaccination services are available at private hospitals and services are not hindered.

By: Express News Service | Lucknow |
March 3, 2021 1:34:32 am
pune covid vaccineWe have received as many as 40 lakh vaccine doses, of which more than 20 lakh have been distributed to vaccination centres across the state (Representational)

The state government has decided that the second shots of Covid-19 vaccination for healthcare and frontline workers, who were earlier inoculated at private facilities, will be given in government hospitals. The move came after the vaccination for those above 60 years and 45-plus years with co-morbidities started at private hospitals.

The step has been taken to ensure that only paid vaccination services are available at private hospitals and services are not hindered.

A letter issued by Additional Chief Secretary (Health) Amit Mohan Prasad to all District Magistrates and Chief Medical Officers in this regard said people will be informed about the venue change through newspapers and other methods. The Integrated Covid Command Centres will call the beneficiaries concerned and personally inform them about the change in vaccination venue.

The letter added that all district hospitals and medical colleges will conduct Covid vaccination five days a week from Monday to Saturday, while all other government centres will do the same three days a week – Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. The private hospital involved in vaccination of those above 60 years of age and above 45 years with co-morbidities will inoculate people at least four days a week.

Moreover, at urban vaccination centres, 60 per cent slots will be based on pre-registration, while the rest 40 per cent will be based on a walk-in system. For rural centres the same will be in 50-50 per cent ratio. The vaccination process will be held between 9 am and 5 pm. Pre-registered beneficiaries will be vaccinated from 9 am to 11 am, while after 11 am inoculation will be on a first-come-first-served basis.

On Wednesday, two sessions of vaccination training will be organised at private hospitals.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
0 Comment(s) *
* The moderation of comments is automated and not cleared manually by indianexpress.com.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
x