- RRB Group D admit card: Websites operational, download e-call letter for September 18, 19 and 20 exams
- Asia Cup 2018 Schedule, Fixtures, Teams, Time Table, Match Date and Time, Venue: Full schedule of Asia Cup
- RRB Group D 2018: Exam date, city, schedule for CBT starting after October 16 expected to release today, websites to check
The Aadhaar number and card are issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India and can be used as a single document proof of ID and address as well as providing data for biometric (fingerprints and retina scan) verification. The storage and issuing of Aadhaar is done via the Central UIDAI, however, the enrollment is done with the help of a decentralised network of enrollment agencies. Naturally, there are chances for errors or registration of incorrect information and many a time information needs to be updated owing to changes like address and phone numbers. So, how to update details for your Aadhaar? Here is a simple guide to get you through the process.
1. Log onto the Aadhaar Self-Service Portal (SSUP) at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update and input your Aadhaar number along with the verification code. Click on ‘generate OTP button’. Use the One Time Password that will be delivered to your registered mobile number to log into your Aadhaar account.
2. The portal will redirect you now to a new page i.e. the Data Update Request page. You will be required to point out what information in your Aadhaar account is incorrect or needs to be updated. You will have to fill all personal and contact details.
3. After filling out the information, you will have to navigate to the Documents Required section. Here you will need to submit a valid and recognised document proof for the information you want to be changed.
4. After submitting the details, the system will take you to the BPO Service Provider Selection field. Here you will have to select the relevant service provider and submit your request. After the successful submission, the update verification will be available for download.
You can update information in your Aadhaar account via post as well. Download the updation/correction form from https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf. Print the form and highlight the fields required for correction. However, you will have to fill out the entire form irrespective of whether or not the other information needs updation.
The supporting documents will need to be self-attested or in case of minors, attested by the parents or guardians. After you attach the proof of address, proof of identity and proof of other information that needs changing, mail the documents to UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034 at the UIDAI processing centre. Usually, the UIDAI processes the application and completes the updation in 15 days’ time. This may extend in some cases. Note that you can change name, address, email id, gender and date of birth in the postal method but not the mobile number.
Visit your local Aadhaar Centre
You can also visit your local Aadhaar enrollment centre with the updation form and supporting documents to carry out the updation.