39 English-language books, on subjects ranging from global affairs to conspiracy theories, Islam to philosophy.
* Noam Chomsky, Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance
* Noam Chomsky, Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies
* Bob Woodward, Obama’s Wars
* Charles Townshend(Ed), The Oxford History of Modern War
* William Blum, Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower
* Fritz Springmeier, Bloodlines of the Illuminati
* Eustace Mullins, The Secrets of the Federal Reserve
* Robert Hopkins Miller, The United States and Vietnam, 1787-1941
* Manly P Hall, The Secret Teachings of All Ages
* Jeffrey Record, Bounding the Global War on Terrorism
* Henry Sokolski & Patrick Clawson (Eds), Checking Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions
* C R Haines: Christianity and Islam in Spain, 756-1031 AD
* John Perkins, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
A note titled The Unstoppable Assassin: Tech’s Vital Role for its Success, written by Abu Salih al-Somali, calls upon “all Muslims with scientific and technical backgrounds” to “assist with knowledge and know-how” to “make death”.
It abuses America, “the pig eating invaders and their loyal dogs”, and speaks of, among other jihadi attacks, “the heroic Fidai operations in Bombay” and the “beautiful huge bombing of the western German Bakery”. It seeks specific chemicals, “toxicants”, “rocketry” “electronics” and “mechanical oriented” inputs that are “immediately needed”
A remarkable 3-page document for those applying to join al-Qaeda. Some questions:
* How long do you plan to stay in the (jihadi) theatre?
* When did Almighty Allah bless you with this gift?
* How much of the holy Qur’an have you memorized?
* Did you study Shari’a?
* Have you invented or researched anything in any domain?
* Any hobbies or pastimes?
* Do any of your family or friends work with the government?
* If so, would he/she be willing to cooperate with or help us?
* How many trips have you taken to Pakistan and for what reason(s)?
* Have you ever joined the Afghanistan theatre? If so, what year and which group?
* List the types of passports you possess. Did you use a real or forged passport for your current travel?
* Do you wish to execute a suicide operation?
* What objectives would you would like to accomplish on your jihad path?
* Who should we contact in case you became a martyr? Address:………. Phone numbers:………..
For The Wife
In a letter written to one of his wives on August 15, 2008, Osama Bin Laden said that if he were killed and she wanted to remarry, “I have no objection… But you have to raise my children properly and to watch them, and be careful of a bad company for them.” However, if she remarried, on Judgment Day she would have to pick one husband with whom to spend eternity. And, “I really want for you to be my wife in paradise.”
SOURCE: Office of the Director of National Intelligence, US, and The New York Times
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines