Indian Idol Junior winner Ananya Nanda says she wishes to do playback for Bollywood actresses Sonakshi Sinha, Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma.
The 14-year-old Odisha girl, who won the second season of the singing reality series, said the three actresses are her personal favourites.
“I love Preity Zinta and want to sing for her but she is not working much nowadays. I would be very happy to sing for Sonakshi ma’am, Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma. I really like their acting and it would be an honour to do playback for them,” Ananya told PTI.
Also read: Ananya Nanda wins Indian Idol Junior
Sonakshi was one of the three judges on the Sony show, which saw Ananya defeating other two finalists– Nahid Afrin and Nityashree Venkataramanan.
The singer said the win came as a huge surprise because she did not expect to win the competition.
“I had not expected to win at all. I was shocked when my name was announced. I had not thought about winning. I went with the flow because if I had kept expectations and lost, I would have been very sad and heartbroken,” she said.
- Have you seen these photos of Divyanka Tripathi, Sonam Kapoor and Jacqueline Fernandez?
- Anushka Sharma, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonakshi Sinha: Best airport looks of the week (May 3 – June 9)
- Anushka Sharma, Sonakshi Sinha, Taapsee Pannu go sassy with their street style looks
- ‘Indian Idol Junior 2’ winner Ananya Nanda’s ‘idol’ is Shreya Ghoshal
- Indian Idol Junior 2: Odisha girl Ananya Nanda is the winner
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
A 9th grade student, Ananya now wants to concentrate on her upcoming exams and get back to her riyaz.
“I have my half-yearly exams coming up. I will fully concentrate on my studies and also continue my singing lessons from my Guruji. I will try to come to Mumbai to take lessons from our trainer here,” the singer said.
A huge fan of Arijit Singh and Shreya Ghoshal, Ananya harbours a dream of singing alongside the music stars.
“I am a huge fan of both of them. I wish I get a chance to sing with them, to do a duet with Arijit Singh… He is my favourite. I love his voice. Like me he also participated in a reality show. I like him a lot,” she said.