Actor Ujjwal Rana has been roped in to play the lead role of lord Vishnu in the forthcoming mythological comedy show “Narayan Narayan Chulbulley Naarad Ki Natkhat Leelayen”. He says it’s a “distinctive” character.
“I have always loved doing comedy, but it was restricted to theatre. In several daily soaps, I have played lead roles, but for the first time I got the chance to essay a distinctive character.
- Rakul Preet Singh on NTR biopic: There’s sense of achievement in playing Sridevi
- Tejasswi Prakash: Karn Sangini is a contemporary take on a mythological tale
- Ahem Sharrma: Vikram Betaal Ki Rahsya Gaatha will also present the backstory of its characters
- VIDEO: Guess which Union minister played Raja Janak in this Ramleela event in Delhi
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu actor Shahid Kapoor on getting boxed as ‘chocolate boy’: There were no options
- Mantra to play Narad Muni in ‘Narayan Narayan…’
“Our culture and religion have given us a good chunk of mythological stories which need to be told and it feels great to be a part of this storytelling,” Ujjwal, who has previously appeared in shows like “Meher” and “Saathiya”, said in a statement.
Based on Naarad Muni and his exploits across the universe, the light-hearted comedy show will highlight the bitter-sweet relationship between Vishnu and Naarad.
The show will also encompass all aspects of Vishnu’s divinity and how he is always showing the way to Naraad, his loyal devotee.
“Narayan Narayan Chulbulley Naarad Ki Natkhat Leelayen” will be aired on BIG MAGIC, starting April 6.