Popular television actor Vivian Dsena, best known for his performance in “Madhubala”, says his popularity alone will not help him win the coming season of dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”.
“My popularity alone will not help me win the show. I will have to work hard. Name, fame is all good. It comes and goes. What we learn stays with us,” Vivian told PTI in an interview here.
- Never said no to anything new: Vivian D’sena
- My ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ earnings will go to cricket foundation: Irfan Pathan
- Confirmed: Shahid Kapoor, Ganesh Hegde, Karan Johar to judge eighth season of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’
- Ashish Sharma wins ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7’
- I am clueless, says Kritika Kamra after ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ eviction
- Madhuri Dixit: Not necessary best of dancers will win ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’
He rejected the offer to join the show three times because of his fear of dancing.
“For the last three seasons I am rejecting ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ as I am afraid of dancing…. it was out of my comfort zone so I was running away from the show. This time my wife was after me to accept the offer,” Vivian said.
“She has always motivated me to do the best. She is the backbone of my career,” he said.
But it is not going to be a cakewalk. “I am finding it difficult. I have to do a lot of hard work. I am ready to give my best,” he said.
The eighth season of “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” will feature 12 participants which also include Raftaar, Radhika Madan, Kavita Kaushik, Sanaya Irani, Deepika Samson, Ashish Chowdhry, Mohit Malik, Scarlett Mellish Wilson and Faisal Khan.
“Everyone is good at dancing. I am competing with myself. I am my biggest competitor. I have to evolve. I have to start from zero,” Vivian said.
The last few seasons has seen non-dancers winning the show.
On this Vivian says, “It is all about destiny. I will do the hard work and leave the rest to judges…audiences.”
Hosted by Manish Paul, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” will go on air from July 11 every Saturday and Sunday at 9 pm on Colors Channel.