After taking on a goddess’s avatar for the small screen with “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev”, Pooja Banerjee will be exploring the negative character of a witch in the TV show “Qubool Hai”. The actress says the role is challenging and will prove her acting capabilities.
“I’m experimenting with a new character and it’s very challenging because people know me as a very good and a positive person so if I have to add a shade of grey to my character, I really have to make efforts for it.
“I don’t even look negative so I will have to put more effort to make my overall character look negative. But that’s an actor’s job,” Pooja said in a statement.
- I don’t believe supernatural powers exist: Surbhi Jyoti
- ‘Qubool Hai’ to go off air on January 25
- Shalini Kapoor, Alka Kaushal exit ‘Qubool Hai’
- Surbhi Jyoti to play a double role in Qubool Hai
- Karanvir Bohra’s Tony Stark-inspired character for Qubool Hai
- Raqesh Vashisth replaces Karan Singh Grover in ‘Qubool Hai’
The actress will enter the Zee TV show as a witch named Afreen, and will spell trouble for the leads of the show with her natural powers.
Pooja hopes she does justice to her role.
“So, if I get to play various characters and if I am doing justice to them, then my versatility as an actor gets proven. So, this is one of such characters that will prove me as an actor and I hope I do justice to it,” she said.