Actor Sandeep Baswana, whose track as Ishwar Rawat in “Udaan” is coming to an end, says his entry and exit from the show were pre-planned. He says he’s now ready to take flight towards new roles.
“My entry and exit both were planned right from the beginning of the show. My character, Ishwar Rawat, had to give little Chakor a platform from where she could take flight (‘Udaan’) towards her dreams. The job is done for both me and my character,” Sandeep said in a statement.
“It’s time for me to take flight towards my dreams, which is to create another character and try to entertain audiences to the best of my capabilities,” he added.
- Bastar opens up: 6-hour drive from Raipur is now a 40-minute flight
- The ‘niche’ films of Vikramaditya Motwane are just what the changing face of Indian cinema needs
- Ronit Roy on keeping away from TV: I couldn’t do it anymore
- Actress Meera Deosthale playing grown-up Chakor in ‘Udaan’ feels no pressure
- Sandeep Baswana to exit ‘Udaan’
- I make films for the Indian audience
The Colors’ show is about the life of young Chakor whose wings have been clipped as a bonded labourer in zamindar Kamal Narayan SinghÂ’s household. The show, during its course, has become a frontrunner in creating awareness about the issue as well as showcasing ChakorÂ’s prowess in sports as she struggles to achieve her dreams of education.
Over the past weeks, Chakor has earned the support of collector Ishwar Rawat and finally freed herself to follow her dreams of becoming a runner. However, a twist in the tale is all set to change ChakorÂ’s life once again as her biggest support, Ishwar will be pronounced dead after a tragic accident.