Actor Mukesh Khanna, who plays Lalaji in Waaris, will soon quit the show after his character expires.
Waaris, which is based on cultural issues and shows a mother bringing up a girl child as a boy, will soon take a seven-year-leap. Before that, Mukesh will leave the show after his character will die in a thrilling horseriding sequence featuring the actor.
“It was a great experience working on a different show like Waaris which focuses on the practices prevailing in the society such as a male child being preferred over a female child.
- Vinod Khanna’s 72nd birth anniversary: The man from the ’70s who was too good looking to be a villain
- Swati Bajpai brings positive vibes on Waaris sets
- When Lavina Tandon spat thrice on Akshay Dogra’s face
- There is herd mentality on TV: Mukesh Khanna
- Mukesh Khanna to quit ‘Waaris’ aired on &TV
- Aarti Singh’s hidden cricket talent
“Also, the last scene I shot gave me chills literally, and was a very memorable experience. My exit in the show is necessary to take the story forward and I request all viewers to watch the show as it creates awareness,” Mukesh, popularly known as the small screen’s Shaktimaan, said in a statement.
Waaris, aired on &TV, features Aarti Singh in the lead as Amba.