Choreographer-filmmaker Farah Khan, who has hosted television shows like “Bigg Boss Halla Bol” and “Farah Ki Daawat”, says when it comes to the small screen, she prefers to face the camera rather than go behind it.
Asked if she would like to direct a fiction show for TV, Farah told IANS: “No, not really. I like to be on TV, but I like to be in front.”
- Sania Mirza’s baby is gorgeous, says Farah Khan
- Sania Mirza blessed with a baby boy, Farah Khan becomes a ‘Khaala’
- Bollywood sans song and dance will become like Hollywood: Farah Khan
- Acting less stressful than filmmaking: Farah Khan
- Farah Khan decides to hang up her dancing shoes
- I will remain Shah Rukh’s friend till I die: Farah
Farah, who has helmed blockbuster hits like “Main Hoon Na”, “Om Shanti Om” and “Happy New Year” starring her friend and superstar Shah Rukh Khan, says she is happy only directing for the silver screen as direction on the small screen “takes away the entire life”.
“I’m happy directing films. On television, the direction takes your entire life away. At least in films you will go, you shoot for four to five months and then you can take a break. But I know how TV works…the directors are mindblowing, they work non-stop,” said Farah, who has even faced the camera in a film titled “Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi”.