The Los Angeles Police Department has opened a criminal investigation against actor Charlie Sheen about alleged threats he made against his ex-fiancee, according to her lawyer.
Officer Matthew Ludwig, a spokesman in the LAPD media affairs office, confirmed that a criminal investigation of Sheen, 50, was opened and is still ongoing, but had few details.
He said officers from the LAPD’s Van Nuys division opened a case on March 31 and turned over the results to detectives and officers on the LAPD Threat Management team, who are still investigating.
Ludwig said he could not release any information on what the investigation involves and the identity of the accuser in the case is confidential, reported USA Today.
But David Ring, a lawyer for Scottine Rossi, who once was engaged to the former “Two and a Half Men” star, confirmed Sheen is being investigated for allegedly threatening to have his client killed, and that she is so fearful she obtained an emergency protective order against him last week.
“There is an active investigation ongoing and they’re trying to obtain the full tape recording. They view it as an important piece of evidence,” Ring said.
Representatives for Sheen have not commented on the matter.
Sheen has a history of turbulent relations with the women in his life, and his problems only increased after he acknowledged in 2015 that he is HIV positive and had been for years before he told anyone.