Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus was at her comedic best while accepting her fourth consecutive outstanding lead actress in comedy series trophy for “Veep” at the 2015 Emmy Awards.
“What a great honour it must be for you to honour me tonight. No, I’m sorry. Donald Trump said that. It’s getting trickier and trickier to satirise his stuff,” said the actress, who plays fictional Vice President of the United tates, Selina Meyer on the show.
“I’d like to honour, also all the women in this category. Amy, wake up! I love you gals so much. I do, in fact,” Julia said leaving the audience in splits.
- Veep star Julia Louis-Dreyfus says she has breast cancer
- Emmy Awards 2016: Game Of Thrones, Julia Louis-Dreyfus create history
- Emmy Awards 2016: Priyanka Chopra slays the red carpet, Game of Thrones wins 12 awards
- ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Veep’ win big at 2015 Emmy Awards
- ‘Game Of Thrones 5’ to air from April 12
- Kiss with Bryan Cranston was pretty good: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
The 54-year-old actress, who won her sixth Emmy beat the likes of Lily Tomlin of “Grace and Frankie”, “Inside Amy Schumer” star Amy Schumer, Amy Poehler of “Parks and Recreation”, “Nurse Jackie” star Edie Falco and Lisa Kudrow of The Comeback”.