The award season has started. And much before Bollywood could honour its best for 2016, Indian television fraternity took the lead and kicked off its first and most prestigious awards — the Indian Television Academy Awards or ITA. The glittering event which took place in Mumbai on Sunday night was no less in terms of glamour, performances and scale. From Mouni Roy to Rubina Dilaik, Shabbir Ahluwalia, Divyanka Tripathi and Karan Patel, the biggest names of Indian television walked out happy with their trophies.
The big show also saw actors Ronit Roy and Rohit Roy getting special honours. And even before the event gets a small-screen telecast, all the winners and the celebrities who attended it, have made us immensely curious with an allay of selfies and pictures from the red carpet which they shared with their fans. A lot of pictures have also been posted by their fan clubs too. Television’s one of the top most shows currently, Naagin, won Best Serial and Best Actress Popular awards. While Mouni Roy couldn’t contain her happiness, Shabbir Ahluwalia, who came with wife Kanchi Kaul, also won the Best Actor Popular award.
Here is the complete list of winners:
1. Best Serial – Shakti Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki
2. Best Serial Popular – Naagin
3. Best Actor Popular – Shabbir Ahluwalia (Kumkum Bhagya)
4. Best Actress Popular – Mouni Roy (Naagin)
5. Best Jodi – Divyanka Tripathi and Karan Patel (Yeh Hai Mohabbatein)
6. Best Actress Drama (Jury) – Rubina Dilaik (Shakti)
7. Best Actor Drama (Jury) – Anil Kapoor (24 Season 2)
8. Most Promising Child Star – Ruhana Khanna (Gangaa)
9. Best Host – Manish Paul
10. Special Award – Rohit Roy and Ronit Bose Roy
11. Best Story – Shakti Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki
12. Best Thriller/Horror Show – Saavdhaan India
13. Best Serial Comedy (Jury) – Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
14. Best General Entertainment Channel Popular – Colors
15. Best Hindi News Channel – India TV
Check out the pictures and videos shared by the celebrities.
Mouni Roy also enthralled the audience along ith Barkha Bisht as the two performed in a pink lehengas. Actors Karanvir Bohra and Gautam Rode gave an action-packed performance, apart from real life couple Karan Tacker and Krystle D’Souza shaking a leg together. Helly Shah also did a couple dance with her Swarigini co-star Varun Kapoor.
Check out some video clips here.
— ROHIT ROY (@rohitroy500) November 14, 2016
The ITA has become the Filmfare of India television over the years. And with its scale going higher with each passing year, only proves how big our television industry has become.