“Orange Is the New Black” star Kate Mulgrew feels great roles for female actors are being written on TV.
The actress, who plays prison cook Red on the popular show, said it is an amazing time for actresses, reported People magazine.
“I think it’s changing now. Because female roles in TV are golden now. This whole game is shifting,” she said.
- Actor Rita Bhaduri dead
- Sanju actor Manisha Koirala: It is never ‘just another film’ for me
- Kajol: I think everybody is made beautifully and individually
- Sanju actor Dia Mirza: Working with Raju sir was a very nice experience
- Sarah Paulson: Quality of television has surpassed film
- Not many roles for transgender women in Hollywood, says Laverne Cox
The 59-year-old actress feels hopeful about the future of actresses in Hollywood as she thinks the industry’s obsession with beauty is lessening.
“I think the day is coming where we will be wanted; not just accepted but wanted as the stripped-down, compelling women that we are. Without our plastic surgery, without our bulimia, without our makeup. We will be charismatic in and of ourselves.
“That is coming now, but it has taken quite a while. Hollywood still does love its beauties, you know. It’s unachievable beauty,” she said.