Actor Gautam Rode, best known for shows like “Saraswatichandra”, “Maha Kumbh” and “Parichay”, will next be seen playing the title role in popular mythological show “Suryaputra Karn”.
Basant Bhatt is currently playing the 17-year-old Karn and soon Gautam will be seen playing the character in the Sony Entertainment Television show.
“I am completely thrilled to play the role of Karn on screen. As an actor, I love exploring different characters and Karn is the kind of role which is completely different from what I have played so far,” Gautam said in a statement.
- Happy birthday Gautam Rode: Lesser-known facts about the Saraswatichandra actor
- Aksar 2 actor Gautam Rode is not competing with Emraan Hashmi
- Gautam Rode approached for ‘Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat’
- Gautam Rode approached for ‘Suryaputra Karn’
- Aditya Kapadia joins ‘Suryaputra Karn’
- ‘Suryaputra Karn’ to take 10-year leap
“In ‘Mahabharata’, Karn’s character is the most interesting one. He always stood for ‘karma’ rather than ‘dharma’. He did everything for the people and hence, was known as ‘daanvir’. I am looking forward to start shooting for the show,” he added.
Gautam will start shooting for the show next month.
“Suryaputra Karn” is based on the life of Karn, the mythological character of Hindu epic “Mahabharata”.