Actress Urvashi Sharma, who has made her TV debut with Ek Maa Jo Laakhon Ke Liye Bani Amma, loves the concept of finite series as they don’t meander from the script.
The Zee TV show captures the journey of Zeenat — a mother of two — deserted by her husband during the 1947 oartition of the sub-continent. It traces her rise to a position of power.
Talking about her role, Urvashi told IANS: “The character is very strong and the script is very gripping. All the character have an important role and it’s a finite series, so it will end soon.
- Hina Khan and Kushal Tandon to join Kasautii Zindagii Kay reboot?
- Is Karishma Tanna playing Madhuri Dixit in Sanju? Here’s what the TV actor has to say
- Don’t want to work with Aamir Ali in a fiction TV show: Sanjeeda Sheikh
- Still feel like a newcomer: Urvashi Sharma
- I am very secure as an actress: Sandhya Mridul
- Rajeshwari Sachdev: Television is ruled by TRPs, not stories
“The best part of finite series is it has a definite ending. They will stick to the script.”
Urvashi, who has earlier featured in a film titled Naqaab, believe the perception about the TV industry has changed.
“The trend and perception has changed and TV is not considered as a small screen anymore. It has a wide reach. Be it Amitabh Bachchan or Aamir Khan — everybody is doing TV as maximum number of people view it.
“The reach is way too much and the kind of scripts being written for TV is commendable,” she said.
Asked if she is also looking forward to do films, she said: “I was not planning to make a comeback as such. This show came to me by fluke. I am enjoying my life and happy in my personal space. If I get an interesting script I will think about it.”