Disney fans should look out for an ABC special next year, which will celebrate Disneyland’s 60th anniversary.
The show will air on the network in February, live from the Anaheim theme park that opened on July 17, 1955, reported Deadline.
- Disney cruise to launch ghoulish wonderland on the high seas
- US gives Disney approval to buy Fox amid bidding war with Comcast
- ABC orders Roseanne spinoff without Roseanne Barr
- Quantico Hindu terror episode: Here is why Priyanka Chopra is under fire
- Priyanka Chopra starrer Quantico: ABC apologises for Hindu terror plot after online backlash
- ABC network cancels ‘Roseanne’ after show’s star Roseanne Barr tweets racial slur
ABC – which is owned by The Walt Disney Company – already has close ties to the Disney universe in shows such as “Once Upon a Time”, as well as its Marvel projects including “Agents of SHIELD” and the Disney-owned “Muppets”, which will return to TV screens this year.
The announcement of a Disneyland 60th Anniversary special came from ABC Entertainment Group president Paul Lee at the network’s Upfront presentation.