Known for her negative roles in saas-bahu saagas, TV actress Anita Hassanandani says her new show “Comedy Nights Bachao!” is a good break from her daily soap routine.
The 35-year-old “Yeh Hai Mohabbatein” actress, who will be showcasing her comic skills with her partner Mubeen on the Colors show, said she is excited about her new stint.
“It’s challenging. It’s something that I haven’t done and it’s exciting. It’s such a break for me from doing negative roles, regularly doing TV soaps and coming on the sets. It’s a delight. It’s a refreshing change,” Anita told PTI.
- Divyanka Tripathi plays a chef in Ekta Kapoor’s web series. Here’s the first look
- Anita Hassanandani: I am in the best phase of my career
- Anita Hassanandani is on a holiday in Greece, see her photos
- Anita Hassanandani, Aditi Bhatia and Paritosh Tripathi in Comedy Circus
- Naagin 3: What Anita Hassanandani, Karishma Tanna, Surbhi Jyoti have said about the Ekta Kapoor show
- ‘Never expected ‘Yeh Hai Mohabbatein’ to be such a huge hit: Anita Hassanandini
The show, an extension of the “Comedy Nights” franchise, will take jibes at famous and infamous celebrities.
Asked about her comic timing, Anita said, “Honestly, I have a decent sense of humour with people I am close to. If I am comfortable I say what I want to. But yes, while doing a comedy show I am slightly reserved as a person. Since it’s scripted it’s not a problem, I can manage.”
“Comedy Nights Bachao!” will air from September 5.
But the actress, who previously hosted “Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo”, feels it is difficult to make people laugh .
“Comedy is the toughest. If it goes little bit here and there and your partner doesn’t cover up for you theneverything can go wrong.”
Besides her new show, Anita is enjoying her track in Ekta Kapoor’s show “Ye Hai Mohabbatein”.
“I am really enjoying my current track in ‘Yeh Hai…’. It’s beautiful that it has so many shades. I am enjoying it,” she added.