Shakti Kapoor, Ranjeet and Gulshan Grover — three Bollywood actors who have played iconic villains on the big screen — will now be seen on “Comedy Nights Bachao”.
As is the concept of the ‘insult comedy’ show, the three villains will be at the receiving end of jabs and jokes at the hands of actor-comedian jodis.
While Gulshan has been creating waves through his roles in Indian and international films, Shakti and Ranjeet have been missing from the limelight for a few years.
On “Comedy Nights Bachao”, the tables will be turned as the famous villains mouth the word that is often associated with their victims – “Bachao”, said a statement from Colors channel, where the show will be beamed starting September 5.
- Sunil Grover: Actors can’t be taught, they can only be groomed
- Shakti Kapoor: We don’t see anyone playing a dedicated role of a villain in modern movies
- To be a villain, you’ve to be a fantastic actor: Gulshan Grover
- Arch villain of Hindi films Ranjeet says he’s still a shy man
- When Karan Singh Grover got compared to Gulshan Grover
- Sidharth Malhotra to host TV show on Bollywood villains
Produced by Optimystix, the show will bring together celebrity guests whose feelings and personality traits will be ripped apart through tongue-in-cheek punchlines poking fun at their personal lives and public image.
The ‘burns’ will be served by comic crusaders teamed together as five ‘jodis’ – Krushna Abhishek, Sudesh Lahiri and Sara Khan; Bharti Singh, Karan Wahi and Pritam Singh; Anita Hassanandani and Mubeen; Shruti Seth and Shakeel Siddiqui; and Pooja Bose and Naseem Vicky.