Actor Abhay Bhargava, who plays Mr. Iyer, father-in-law of Raman Bhalla (essayed by Karan Patel) in popular soap opera “Ye Hai Mohabbatein”, will soon be his father-in-law in real life too!
Karan is tying the knot with Abhay’s daughter Ankita Bhargava.
Abhay says his soon to be son-in-law didn’t meet his daughter on the show set. In fact, the duo had first met at a party at his home.
- Karan Patel’s wife Ankita Bhargava suffers miscarriage
- Karan Patel announces wife Ankita Bhargava’s pregnancy in filmy style
- Happy Birthday Karan Patel: Four most important relationships of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein star
- Karan Patel’s real mother-in-law Kiran Bhargava joins Yeh Hai Mohabbatein
- Karan Patel celebrates birthday with wife Ankita Bhatgava, friends
- Yeh Hai Mohabattein’s Karan Patel to marry actress Ankita Bhargava
“My daughter Ankita has never visited our set. I had thrown a party for the ‘Ye Hai Mohabbatein’ cast at home recently, that was when Karan and she met,” Abhay said in a statement.
Abhay added that Aly Goni, another of his co-stars on the show, suggested that Karan and Ankita are “perfect for each other”.
He said: “Aly spoke to Karan’s parents, who saw Ankita’s picture and within an hour they got back to us saying they wanted her to be their daughter-in-law. I am aware of Karan’s past but I know that his good qualities outdo the bad ones, so I’m happy.”
“Ye Hai Mohabbatein” is aired on Star Plus.