Actor Nithiin Reddy, who has donned the producer’s hat for the first time with upcoming Telugu actioner “Akhil”, says it’s been his long-time dream to produce a film with his matinee idol Pawan Kalyan.
“If a project with Pawan Kalyan materialises, I’ll leave everything and work on it. It will be a very special film. I’ve been dreaming of working with him for a long time now,” Nithiin told IANS.
In most of his films, Nithiin ensures there’s some reference to Pawan.
“It’s out of love that I have these references, but not to cash in on his popularity,” he said.
His latest Telugu film “Courier Boy Kalyan” hits the screens on Thursday worldwide.
- Pawan Kalyan remains unfazed by Srini Raju’s legal notice
- Pawan Kalyan wages a war against RGV, Telugu media, AP govt
- Pawan Kalyan on Sri Reddy controversy: If I cannot defend the honour of my mother, I better die
- Pawan Kalyan is my biggest strength in the industry: Chal Mohan Ranga star Nithiin
- Katamarayudu: Nithiin clinches Nizam distribution rights of Pawan Kalyan film
- Telugu superstar Pawan Kalyan to direct ‘Gabbar Singh 2’?
He plays a messenger in the film, which also features Yami Gautham. Incidentally, he’s named PK, short for Pawan Kalyan, in it.
“It’s the kind of role I haven’t played so far in my career. It required me to shed my star image and play a regular, boy-next-door kind of character,” he said.
Nithiin also revealed that as soon he completes shooting for his next Telugu outing “AaAa” with Trivikram, he will join hands with filmmaker Gautham Vasudev Menon for a Tamil-Telugu bilingual.