Popular producer G.K Reddy, father of southern actor Vishal, will be making his Tamil acting debut in a Nivin Pauly-starrer yet-untitled project being directed by debutant Gautham Ramachandran.
“I’m pro new talent. I don’t like to repeat same actors in similar roles. I saw him (G.K Reddy) in a publicity still and immediately felt he fits the bill of the character. But I wasn’t sure if he’d be able to pull off the role,” Gautham told IANS.
- Nivin Pauly announces his next film Mikhael
- Kayamkulam Kochunni first look: Nivin Pauly looks menacing
- Nivin Pauly wraps up Kayamkulam Kochunni
- Natraj Subramaniam teams up with Nivin Pauly for next film
- U-Turn fame Shraddha Srinath teams up with Nivin Pauly
- It took 40 drafts to finalise Nivin Pauly’s next Tamil film
However, Gautham’s pre-conceived notion about the veteran changed the minute he met him.
“When I met and rehearsed with him, I realised there’s some oddity in his performance which makes him unique. I found a spark in him. We did about 50-60 rehearsals with him. We started off with few shots, took a break, and then rehearsed after he grew his beard,” he said.
Asked if he plays a negative character, Gautham said his shades won’t come out on screen.
“It’s tough to explain. You can’t judge a bar from the outside, can you? You need to get inside to know what’s happening,” he said.
Also starring Shraddha Srinath, the film is currently being shot in Manapad, south of Tamil Nadu.