After working in Bengali and South cinema, Vidya Balan is all set to enter the Marathi industry. The actress, who was last seen in ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahani’, will now play the role of renowned yesteryear Bollywood actress Geeta Bali in the upcoming Marathi film ‘Ek Albela’.
‘Ek Albela’ traces the journey of Bhagwan Dada’s film career as an actor and director and Vidya’s role will be credited as a special appearance. For the ones who are unaware, Bhagwan Dada faced a lot of obstacles while making the musical Albela which had Geeta Bali in the lead. Director of the film, Shekhar Sartandel also added that Vidya will not be required to speak in Marathi since Geeta Bali was from the Hindi film industry. Vidya Balan too expressed her happiness over this and exclaimed that it is an honour to play the effervescent Geeta Bali on screen.
- I am a greedy actor, says Vidya Balan
- Poster of Vidya Balan’s first Marathi film out
- ‘Ram Leela’ set designer creates most expensive set for Vidya Balan’s Marathi movie ‘Ek Albela’
- I will take time to get used Twitter: Vidya Balan
- Vidya Balan officially joins Twitter
- Vidya Balan was first choice to play Geeta Bali in ‘Ek Albela’
Shekhar Sartandal has already started shooting with the actress and the filmmaker maintained that he will require another four days to shoot with Vidya Balan.