Kamal Haasan’s Uttama Villain is in news again. The early morning shows of Uttama Villain on Friday (May 1) were cancelled across Tamil Nadu.
According to sources, the shows of Kamal Haasan starrer were cancelled due to some financial problems between the makers of the film and financiers.
“The early morning shows have been cancelled. The issue between the producers and the financiers is expected to be settled in a few hours. The film may release during the course of the day,” one of the distributors of the film told IANS.
- Delayed release impacts Kamal Haasan’s ‘Uttama Villain’ at box office
- Kamal Haasan’s ‘Uttama Villain’ finally hits screens
- Kamal Haasan fans stage protest after ‘Uttama Villain’s shows are cancelled
- ‘Uttama Villain’ made me better human being: Ramesh Aravind
- Unfair to bring up ‘Vishwaroopam’ row: ‘Uttama Villain’ producer Lingusamy
- Muslim body lends support to VHP against Kamal Haasan’s ‘Uttama Villain’
The shows of ‘Uttama Villain’ have also been cancelled in Karnataka, Andhra and Telangana as well.
Directed by Ramesh Aravind, the film features Kamal Haasan in the role of an 8th century artist and a modern-day superstar.
Produced by Thirrupathi Brothers, the film is being distributed worldwide by Eros International.