Trisha Krishnan, who is currently busy shooting for Tamil horror film Mohini, is still the strongest contender to reprise Kangana Ranaut’s role in the Tamil version of critically acclaimed Hindi blockbuster “Queen”, said a source close to the actress.
“The makers have once again initiated talks with Trisha. The project requires bulk dates and Trisha already has two projects in her kitty. She is figuring out how she can set aside dates that will require her to shoot abroad for a long schedule,” the source told IANS.
Veteran actress-filmmaker Revathy, known for directing films like “Mitr, My Friend” and “Phir Milenge”, will helm the yet-untitled remake.
- Vikas Bahl’s former wife slams Kangana Ranaut, the actor responds
- Trisha on working with Rajinikanth in Petta: I am a fan first, then a co-star
- Kangana Ranaut: Manikarnika will make every Indian proud
- Valid reasons for not promoting Nayaki, says Trisha Krishnan
- Trisha Krishnan excited to resume work on ‘Bhogi’
- Thiagarajan yet to finalise leading lady for ‘Queen’ remake
“Queen” is the story of a young Punjabi girl, played by Kangana Ranaut, who embarks on her honeymoon to Paris alone after her fiance calls off the wedding.
Actress Suhasini Mani Ratnam has been roped in to pen the dialogues for the project. The remake will be bankrolled by produced Thiyagarajan.