Director Rajesh M. Selva said on Wednesday (October 7) that the single from upcoming Tamil thriller “Thoongaavanam” is an advance birthday gift from the film’s team to its lead actor Kamal Haasan.
Kamal turns 61 on November 7.
“We are releasing the single track from our film exactly a month before Kamal sir’s birthday. This is our birthday gift to him,” Rajesh told reporters here.
Featuring Kamal’s voice, the single “Neeye Unakku Raja” was unveiled here at a star-studded event.
In attendance were Tamil stars such as Dhanush, Vishal Krishna Reddy and Gautham Vasudev Menon among others.
- Kamal Haasan’s Vishwaroopam 2 gets a release date
- Vishwaroopam 2: Aamir Khan, Jr NTR team up for the trailer launch of this Kamal Haasan film
- Kamal Haasan to team up with ‘Thoongaavanam’ director again
- Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ trailer released
- ‘Thoongaavanam’ director to again team with Kamal Haasan
- Kamal Haasan’s next titled ‘Thoongaavanam’
Speaking at the event, actor-filmmaker Sripriya said: “It’s so raw and stylish, I doubt if it’s a Tamil film.”
Dhanush said that his dream is to receive an award from Kamal, and also admitted that he’s one of his biggest admirers.
Kamal, speaking on the occasion, said the film is a genuine bilingual.
“Unlike most films, we didn’t dub the film in Telugu. Each shot was mostly canned twice in Tamil as well as Telugu. It’s an authentic bilingual that we completed in just 60 days,” he said.
The film was simultaneously shot in Telugu as “Cheekati Rajyam”.
Scheduled to release worldwide on November 10, the film also stars Prakash Raj, Sampath, Kishore, Trisha Krishnan and Madhu Shalini in important roles.