Veteran Telugu actor Mada Venkateswara Rao died here after a brief illness. He was 65.
The actor, known for his comedy roles, passed away after undergoing treatment for a brief period at a private hospital here last night, family members said.
Born in 1950, Mada shot to fame with his role as an eunuch in film “Chillara Kottu Chittemma”, directed by Dasari Narayana Rao in 1977.
- Happy Birthday Upendra: When the Kannada star beat Shah Rukh Khan to romance Deepika Padukone
- Tamil comedian Kovai Senthil passes away
- Nandamuri Harikrishna, TDP leader and actor, dies in road accident
- The life and career of Nandamuri Harikrishna
- Veteran Marathi actor Vijay Chavan passes away
- Telugu actor Vinod passes away
The noted comedian has acted in over 300 films, including some films of other regional languages. He was popular for his roles in films like “Muthyala Muggu”, “Lambadolla Ram Das”, “Mayadari Malligadu”. Before venturing into films, Mada worked as an engineer in the State electricity Department.