Stories doing the rounds were that actress Tamannaah Bhatia had to lose weight for her intense fighting scenes in epic drama “Baahubali” but she says she had to instead gain weight for the film.
Present at an event to launch her yoga teacher’s book, Tamannaah said: “Numerous people have a misunderstanding that I lost weight for ‘Baahubali’. But actually I had to put on weight for the film as I’m working with an actor who is six feet, three inches tall. And I was looking a bit too small in front of him and I was supposed to look like a warrior, which is the role I’m playing.”
- No better sports event than IPL to perform for: Tamannaah
- Tamannaah: Royalty always intrigued me
- 10 reasons why you should not miss S S Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali’
- Tamannaah on playing warrior princess in ‘Baahubali’ and why she is grateful for her Bollywood failures
- Tamannaah in Kochi for ‘Baahubali’ promotions
- ‘Humshakals’ actress Tamannaah Bhatia loses weight for period film ‘Baahubali’
Like how Kareena Kapoor’s “size zero” made news, Tamannaah feels “there is too much obsession over the number of kgs on one’s body nowadays” but “feeling healthy and feeling fit” is more important.
She says fitness and being thin are two different things.
Baahubali, slated for release on July 10, also stars Prabhas Raju, Rana Daggubati and Anushka Shetty in lead roles.