Actress Shruti Haasan will play actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan’s daughter in a yet-untitled Tamil project, expected to hit the floors very soon.
This is the first time the father-daughter duo are teaming up.
“Contrary to the rumours, Kamal and his daughter are not coming together for upcoming Tamil comedy ‘Appa Amma Vilayattu’. This is a different project altogether and it will feature Shruti as Kamal’s daughter,” a source close to Haasan told IANS.
The film will be directed by veteran Malayalam filmmaker T.K Rajeev Kumar.
“Since Kamal was already in talks with Rajeev for ‘Appa Ammaa’, he brought him on board to direct this film, which will feature his script. Kamal has been working on this script for a long time.
“The rest of the lead cast will be finalized in a couple of weeks ,” the source said, adding the team plans to go on the floors by this month end.
- Kamal Haasan’s Vishwaroopam 2 gets a release date
- Vishwaroopam 2: Aamir Khan, Jr NTR team up for the trailer launch of this Kamal Haasan film
- Kamal Haasan to revive Balram Naidu character from Dasavatharam
- Kamal Haasan’s next film with daughter Shruti Haasan to roll from April 29
- Ramya Krishnan may team up with Kamal Haasan
- Shruti Haasan in Mahesh Babu’s next
Haasan is in talks with maestro Ilayaraja to compose the music for the film.
“In about a week’s time, both Ilayaraja and Shruti will officially be part of the project,” the source added.
The film will be shot in the US, where Haasan is currently finalising the locations.