Superstar Rajinikanth’s next Tamil film is reportedly titled “Kabali”, and loosely based on the real life of a Chennai mafia don.
“In the film, Rajini sir plays a character called Kabaleeshwaran, and the title ‘Kabali’ is derived from it. The story is based on a don from Mylapore in Chennai,” a source from the film unit told IANS.
- No audio launch for Rajinikanth’s Kabali
- Radhika Apte joins Rajinikanth to shoot for the final schedule of ‘Kabali’ in Malaysia
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ to release during Tamil New Year next year
- ‘Kabali’ makers to shorten Malaysia schedule
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ to roll from September 17
- Rajinikanth’s 159th film titled ‘Kabali’
To be directed by Pa. Ranjith, the film is slated go on floors on September 17.
“The initial few minutes of the film will be set in Mylapore, and then the story will shift to Malaysia,” the source said.
Also starring Radhika Apte, Dhansikaa and Kalaiarasan, the film will have music by Santhosh Narayanan. It will be Rajinikanth’s 159th film.